Wednesday, June 23, 2010

entry number 2

As I struggle to make blogger's interface show inequality signs as plain text and not as part of my entry's html coding (so much for what you see is what you get on the "compose" tab!), bigger things are happening on the web. Upon the very interface in which I type this entry, it seems.


Recently I was playing around with Mr.doob's Harmony project and I thought I'd take a look at how in the world anyone could come up with something like that. And I subsequently got lost in a sea of codes and stories about codes which only made as much sense to me as some obscure foreign language.

It's so easy to remain blissfully unaware of how html has evolved in such a short span of time, and even easier still to remain an ignorant end user. I won't pretend to have even a basic working knowledge of html (all I remember of it is the basic course we had in computer class back in high school). Better to just get it straight from the experts.

After that failed attempt at understanding even the dummy's guide to the history of html5, I realized: much as I could -- and probably should -- be more intrigued about drawing algorithms and that <canvas> element, I think I'd rather just enjoy doodling on  Harmony. And remain appreciative of all that great talent out there and their willingness to share their work with the world.

No comments: