Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Horror-scopes

"There’s a sucker born every minute."

I’m talking here about people’s fascination/obsession with the divine elements of the universe. Reading my personal horoscope for the day, for the week, and even for the next 5 years, IS FUN. It's not always believable, but it's highly addictive and I still find myself wondering what the stars supposedly have to say...


There's a principle in psychology called the Barnum Effect. It just says that astrology works because the predictions are worded generally enough so as to be applicable to everyone. True, yes. But horoscopes have such high entertainment value, that I can't fully accept how some people could so easily dismiss them as nonsense. Just like the gazillions of data available online, it all goes back to believability of the information. Verification still rests with us. Thankfully for astrology, we've got real life to back it up.


----
Well, general or not, if you're interested in getting a really comprehensive monthly forecast, check out www.astrologyzone.com. I can't guarantee its accuracy, but it's worth reading if only because of its detailed predictions I have yet to see in any other site :)


Entry No. 01

Rachelle Mayuga

No comments: