Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sing your heart out!

Mixcraft was my best friend for quite some time in 2009. It kept me company when I was bored. It was a shoulder to lean on when I needed to let go of my feelings or express myself. It was a good listener when I just wanted to belt out a few songs. Mixcraft turned out to be a reliable program in making me feel like a pro singer, even with only a computer and a headset on hand.

Mixcraft is advertised as “a powerful yet easy-to-use multi-track recording studio that enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with virtual instruments, score and edit video, and add effects to create stunningly professional compositions.”

Frankly, I wasn’t interested in doing all that. For me, Mixcraft was just a tool to record my own version of popular songs. All I had to do was download instrumental versions of songs from Limewire, record my voice over it, and voila, my own cover song! It’s too bad that I can’t find my old cover songs though. I would have wanted to showcase my singing prowess. (Ha! I’m just kidding!) Well, in case you’re interested in hearing a Mixcraft cover, I suggest you listen to my friend’s version of Cupid by 112. http://patmedz.tumblr.com/page/2 I asked for her permission by the way!

So the next time you’re bored, instead of the looking for the nearest Karaoke bar, maybe you should try Mixcraft! Who knows, you might just discover the recording star in you! *wink*