Sunday, September 12, 2010

Uniqueness

Every child is told by her parents that she is special in her own way and as she grows up, she'd always believe that until she dies. Most religions also celebrate this idea of uniqueness. They tell us that we have our purpose and that our existence has a meaning. We are different. And our difference matters to the world. But with the dawn of networking sites and blogs, we slowly realize that one of the biggest challenges in our everyday lives is to remain unlike everyone else. And I say this from personal experience. I have always wanted to write a travel blog. But I find the things I do are far from extraordinary. And if they are, someone has already beaten me to it. Even with FB status updates, photo posts and Multiply blogs, it is next to impossible to find things that have never been touched on or talked about. Because of the Internet, every person I know is practically a published writer. And because the box is getting bigger, it is so hard to think outside of that box. The test of creativity and originality is slowly becoming impossible to pass. I hope this is not sounding as an excuse for the late posts. But I know most of you can relate. :p

No comments: