Thursday, September 30, 2010

Updated with UAAP

The UAAP basketball season has just ended with the Ateneo, the university where I finished my undergraduate course, bringing home the crown for the third straight time.
I was lucky enough to watch the game live in the Araneta Coliseum twice once for round one of the Ateneo v. UP and today, game 2 of the finals between Ateneo v. FEU.
But even if I was not able to attend the games live, I always kept myself up to date with all the matches of Ateneo with the help of ICT. If I was in school, I received the blow by blow updates through social networks, through status updates of my fellow atenean online friends. I also receive text messages from friends about the game.
After the game, my friends (who by the way is very addicted to the games) keep themselves updated with the basketball team, the players, the games, news and almost anything about the Ateneo basketball through the school athletics website and other forums.
It is amazing how technology has changed how we are updated with current events, even with sports and keeping school spirit alive.

No comments: