Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Philippines’ Groupon

Groupon is United States’ online voucher site where you can buy anything, from dinner for two at a local resto to a massage package, at a discount of forty to seventy five percent. You can pay online via your credit card, paypal, or though your bank’s electronic banking services. Groupon is available only to the US area, but don’t fret my dear friends! The Philippines has several local versions, such as Ensogo Philippines, Cashcashpinoy, BUYanihan and Pakyaw. Check them out. The discounts are so outrageous! I find myself logging on everyday just to check what the latest deals are, and getting a little depressed because there are so many offers I want to get but can’t because I’m broke :s

Besides dangling stuff in front of me that I can’t have, these Philippine voucher sites do so much more. It helps small and medium business enterprises to expand their customer base, and ultimately their businesses. These sites allow its users to recommend local establishments to be featured. Once featured, these places gain fame and once the voucher buyers try what they have to offer, these places then get additional customers (assuming that it’s good). It’s free advertising! I’ve actually discovered a lot of hole in the wall restos because of these sites. Also, it lets common folks like me afford a little luxury – I ate at Spirals for only 1,500! You can also get professional services at a bargain, like teeth whitening at 10K only. You just have to hurry though. Some offers have limited vouchers only, and some offers can be redeemed only at the certain period specified.

No comments: