Sunday, February 20, 2011

reactivated.

I deactivated my Facebook account. Then I reactivated it.

The reason why I deactivated my account was to avoid the unnecessary stress of receiving some unwanted comments from supporters of my family's political rival. I also felt that Facebook has made me less productive by consuming a lot of my studying time. Being a stalking device, it has allowed me to update on my friends' lives. The usual 30 minutes I allotted for checking email extended to 2 hours of chatting, playing games and checking my friends' profiles and pictures. Yet, despite all these distractions, why did I still decide to reactivate my account? Partly, it is to be updated; but more so to connect with my younger sister, who left for Canada more than a month ago.

The next question would be why Facebook? For one thing, texting is really expensive, hence, we did not consider it as an option. There is also Skype but the different timezones and our hectic schedules prevented us from really maximizing its use. The PLDT budget card is also another option but it is not really practical because its credits can only last for so long. Then there is YM and Gmail chat but my sister does not always go online in them. It is only in Facebook that she updates and almost always appears online. Moreover, with my Facebook mobile, I am able to chat with her anywhere. It is with these reasons that I found Facebook to be the most convenient channel to connect with her. It is with this renewed appreciation of Facebook which encouraged me to reactivate my account.

_________________

Entry # 12

Pia Augustha G. Agatep

No comments: