Thursday, July 9, 2009

Feeling for Michael

During yesterday's memorial, Michael Jackson's brother Jermaine said "maybe now they'll leave you alone," making a reference to all the media and paparazzi who have made it a point to cover each and every detail of the departed legend's life. I can say that I can wholheartedly relate to the King of Pop.

With the continuous expansion of communication technology, and the flooding of recording devices out in the market, the world has indeed become smaller, with each individual becoming ever easier to locate.

If an insignificant person like me could be located/shouted at by my slave-driving boss (who also happens to be my ninong) in 2-minutes flat using any of the ff: 1) cellphone, 2) landline, 3) fax, 4) email, 5) 2-way radio, and whatever else he could use; what more with an international star as big as Michael who was constantly tracked and followed by a media juggernaut? If an ant like me couldn't hide, much more a shining star of his magnitude.

*sigh*

Whatever happened to privacy?

I'll probably kill myself once technology makes telekinesis available to the masses. And this isn't far from happening at all!

No comments: