Thursday, July 30, 2009

You can be kikay online, too!

Woke up at 6 am at my computer. What time had i slept last night? Or, more correctly, this morning? I hadn't noticed the time go so fast. I was having such a blast "window- shopping" on www.polyvore.com. Polyvore allows users to create looks using scores and scores of dresses, shoes, accessories, and more. It allows users to create their own fashion spreads as they would fancy fashion magazines would do it. There are actually some great sets. What's even better is these fashion spreads are made by regular people. So you really get a feel of what people are wearing these days.

And the coolest part is you can buy the set you (or another user) made, complete with makeup and all. Or you can buy just the dress or shoes or whatever. It even displays the amount in Php! So there's no need to bring out the calculator to see how much a dress would set you back. The clothes and accessories are of different brands, so you really have a lot of choices.

Oh yeah, the Polyvore itself doesn't sell all those nice stuff. When you hit "BUY", you'll be led to the site that sells the particular item. It's still pretty convenient, especially since some items are surprisingly normal people range, price-wise.

I absolutely love the site. (Have i mentioned this enough?) I discovered it while thinking about what to wear to my friend's wedding in November. I can't afford my selections, but who said i was gonna buy online, anyway. I plan to have my seamstress copy the dress i like most. Now if only i could find the perfect knock off shoes and lose just enough weight to look good in it.

No comments: