Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Mac can't get you a Big Mac

Not in the Philippines… Unless, you’re Sharon Cuneta.

There I was, on a rainy Friday afternoon, craving for a Quarter Pounder, Twister Fries and Caramel Sundae. My brother was using the landline so, being the cheapskate that I am, I decided not to dial 8-MCDO on my cellphone and order online instead. Mcdelivery.com.ph thanked me and told me to wait for an agent to call and confirm my order. So I waited.

And waited…

And waited….

Patience has never been my strongest virtue but after one hour of waiting, it was pretty clear that I got fluked. I finally decided to call 8-MCDO.

Me: I ordered online. I was supposed to get a confirmation call but I never got one…

McAgent: Ahhh! Yes, ma’am. I’ll just check your order sa system.

(After about a minute)

Ma’am, can I just get your order?

Me: Bakit hindi pumasok?

McAgent: Uhm kasi po ma’aaaaaaam (fading)… Can I just get your order?


I was hungry, so I didn’t insist for a proper explanation. Maybe there was a glitch in the system or the agents didn’t really know how to work it. Anyway, the whole online thing isn’t really a big leap considering that you still need a phone so they can confirm your order. But a reliable online ordering system would have been great, especially if you don’t have a landline. At least, they pay for the call!

Lesson: If you’re hungry, don’t be cheap like me. Skip your keyboard and start dialing.

1 comment:

keisie said...

i've ordered mcdo online several times and I got fast and efficient service. maybe it was just a glitch. Or they didn't want to call you back on your cellphone.