Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sidereel Sidetrack

When you cannot write, you criticize, and when you cannot criticize, you write about how to write.

I was thinking of what to write and I decided to write about the whole on-line writing process until I got side-tracked.

After that above line, I spent the whole of five minutes trying to find an open link and watch on-line streaming of the Simpsons (which season has evolved new edgier humor).

And as I write this line, the flash video is buffering.

I discovered sidereel.com last year when Heroes was the TV series to watch, now I am just waiting for the next season of HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) and Entourage. I watch the former because I used to be a Barney but now I am a Marshall, and I watch the latter because Barack Obama said so. I digress, focus on the writing process.

As I blurted out the last paragraph, I peeked at my streaming episode and I realized that I may not need to buy a TV after all, this laptop will suffice with the proper DSL connection.

Now, about sidereel.com. Sidereel.com is a website which lists a lot if not all streaming links to virtually (and I use the term precisely) every movie or TV show you can think of. I even watched Remington Steele episodes because my dad said so. Another oldschool show I just realized I missed is MacGyver, which after searching is also available for streaming.

Sidereel disclaims that it does not host copyrighted material nor does it have servers for this purpose, all it has are links, like IMDb without the let-down (you can actually watch and not merely read about movies and TV shows).

Should the links not work, there's always the option of going straight to the megavideo website or in dire straits, youku.com.

And to top it off, if I would like to watch the video again I could always save it through www.keepvid.com

Since I do not know how to end this blog entry, like all writing to create an open-endedness, I resolve to end it abruptly

No comments: