Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reminiscing Limewire

I am a music lover.

Imagine my happiness when during high school, they launched napster, and then, in a while, my favorite LimeWire. I could go on days inside my room, occasionally going out for basic necessities, just listening to all the music I want. There was even a time when I was totally out of touch with my friends, since I was so preoccupied with my newfound friend.

So imagine my sadness when they closed down LimeWire recently. Limewire, one of the world's most popular and pioneering peer - to - peer filesharing website has been shut down after years of legal battle. A federal court in New York issued a permanent injunction against LimeWire, ruling that it intentionally caused "massive scale of infringement" by permitting the sharing of thousands of copyrighted works by its 50 million monthly users.

Although I symphatize with the artists whose earnings fell because of peer - to - peer music files sharing, I still believe that the world would be a better place if we share to everybody our gift of music for free. The world would be a happier place if anyone could have free access to music. Music, for some, is the only remaining constant good thing in this world.

I have moved on from LimeWire's demise (along with some memories associated with it ).

Because I still have FrostWire. :D



Source:


Image:

No comments: