Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Virtual Coach


Sports season for law students started this January with the annual Courts of Law which because of the recent deblocking has now become a battle of the year levels. And following suit in February is the Conflicts of Law, the inter-law school sports fest. So practices have begun again, sacrificing weeknights to play and improve, enduring muscle aches just to have a better shot of making it to the finals.

I have been playing volleyball competitively since high school and all throughout college. And in that eight years of playing, I've been taught and trained well by my coaches, in fact my college coach was a former RP Team coach, so I guess it's safe to say that I know my volleyball.

But no matter how good you get, there's always so much more to learn, so much more room for improvement. Sports, like law, can and should be studied religiously. Fortunately, the internet is overflowing with instructional videos to keep the knowledge flowing. From the correct form of an overhead pass or a spike, to advanced drills in the court, even body conditioning and strength training-- all aspects of the game can be learned through videos in the net.


Paul Obmina entry no. 9

No comments: