Friday, December 11, 2009

Castle Age(s)

During class today, the professor mentioned that Facebook users have control over certain things they publish on walls, but not other things like messages sent or replies to messages received. At that moment, my mind drifted (sorry sir) to my current dilemma.


After I waking up during mornings, my usual routine is to press the "on" switch of both my laptop and my modem. I then wash my hands to put my contact lenses on, and then proceed to play Castle Age. This usually takes about an hour, so I wake up two hours early before my class so as to avoid being tardy. I, however, still usually end up late.

This is one of those things that I think makes internet use a negative thing. If there is abuse of less-useful materials in the internet, or if there is uncontrolled gaming, such results in the adverse effects on a person. I don't really know why, but text-based games like Castle Age is very addicting to me. I can probably only attribute such to the anime-like appeal (which I love) of the game or the mindlessness of the clicking involved (a change in pace after all the thinking involved during the day).

In any case, Castle Age has some really commendable features. Unlike games also in Facebook like Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars, Castle Age pits the player not only against other players but also against monsters which could be summoned through items collected. In addition, the developers of the said game continuously provide updates, and therefore enhances the game's playability.

As is apparent, the internet is a valuable tool, not only for education and business, but also other things like leisure. Castle Age is a worthy diversion after a stressful day, but there should still be a reasonable limit to such gaming, in such a way that it does not affect productivity and other relevant portions of one's life.

1 comment:

awi said...

could never keep up with the game updates!

but i've noticed you can now publish CTAs to selected friends. oooh...