Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fifth Entry: Here's to a Merry Christmas

The only thing that’s keeping me from doing a holiday blog and from feeling Christmassy is this “lapsed” appeal in a case I’m currently handling in OLA. OLA received the order denying the MR on November 25, which means I still have until December 10 to file the appeal. When I filed the appeal on December 9, lo and behold, the Clerk of Court gave me a Certification from the Post Office to the effect that OLA received the Order on November 11!!! Thus, for the past week, I’ve been in and out of the Pasic RTC, the QC Post Office, my SL’s office in the Fort and all, trying to figure out what went wrong with that damned mail.

So, here are my Christmas wishes for all of you:

For the COC and the Postmaster: A supercomputer dedicated only to mails which has this online database system to keep track of all the mails sent and received by the court and the post office. The supercomputers in these two offices shall be linked so that the COC can know whether an appeal has lapsed without ever needing a (an erroneous) certification from the Post Office. For the post offices specifically, a tiny tracking device to be placed in the return cards of registered mails. This device allows online tracking by the interested parties similar to UPS or even LBC.

For the Postman: A handy gadget (similar to that used when paying by credit card in case of food delivery) whereby the addressee can digitally affix his signature to signify receipt of the mail. The electronic signature shall be automatically transmitted to the supercomputers of both the court and the post office, to prevent the Postman from giving yet again another erroneous date of receipt.

For my client: Patience, lots of it.

And of course, my personal wish: Peace of mind.


(Source: picture-http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/2009/07/large_mail.jpg)

No comments: