Thursday, December 10, 2009

My techno wishlist

Fifteen more days to go before Christmas...

‘Tis the season to be jolly and a lot of Christmas wishlists here and there are cropping up. Here is my own Techno Wishlist for this Christmas:

1. Asus EEE PC – Seems very cheap at only P20,000++ for a notebook. Although I currently have my bulky 15” VAIO to use, I wouldn’t mind having an extra 10” notebook especially if it’s this particular one. I am particularly attracted to its very long battery life notwithstanding its small size. My current laptop’s battery life lasts for almost 3 hours only which is not very satisfactory compared to the 11.5 hours battery life of this one. Although it runs under an Intel Atom processor at 1.6 GHz compared to the Intel Pentium processor of most laptops now, that doesn’t seem to be significant especially if one will primarily be using this for typing papers. It would be very convenient to have this one handy whenever I’ll be typing papers or pleadings at any place unplugged without having to worry about my battery going dead. Seems like a real value for money.

2. Wii – I’ve been persistently asking my brother to buy me this one. I’m not a video games fanatic but I want to have a Wii because of the games and other applications which seem to suit me such as Wii Fit. This home video game console by Nintendo, I heard, is already the leading video game console in terms of worldwide sales, even toppling the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. This could probably be attributed to its distinguishing feature which is its wireless controller, or the Wii Remote which can be used as a handheld pointing device and detects movement in three dimensions. Using this seems an enjoyable way to spend free time and bond with friends and family.

On that note, I hope my loved ones buy me either or both of these for Christmas. (I wish!) Happy Holidays everyone! :)

Source: wii.com and eeepc.asus.com

Carol Deang, 4th entry


No comments: