Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Little Too Late


“BEAM ME [IN] SCOTTY!” This was the very first thought that came to mind when I realized that I just GOT LOCKED OUT of my ICT class last Friday. To learn that I was just seconds behind the last person who got inside the classroom and who, it would seem, was the one asked to lock the door behind her, was very frustrating. I didn’t want to miss class, but as it turned out, my driving wasn’t fast enough.

In my hurried trip to school, I contemplated several options to let the professors know that I will be attending class and would only be a few minutes late. “Should I text? Should I call?” I asked myself. In the end, I decided against both for fear that the professors would not appreciate my act of desperation.

In today’s technologically advanced world, where text messages, phone and video calls are received instantaneously, I still wish we have some telepathic powers to be able to communicate with one another with just our minds. If only I’m supernatural, I would have been able to, with just a blink of an eye, let the professors know that I was coming to class and convince them not to lock the doors just yet. (*grin*)

by Mona Barro (4th entry)

1 comment:

Darwin S. Ocampo said...

Ah ikaw pala yon Mona! Maaga si Sir last week, nalock-out din ako. Fortunately, he let someone open it, after I think he realized it was only two minutes after nine. :D