Tuesday, December 15, 2009

google

I google everytime I go online. Whether it be a school homework, song lyrics, upcoming movie or book, or news or gossips – I google. I even tried googling my name before. Come on, who hasn’t? Haha!

I remember the days when a salesman would pass by our house to offer my Dad to buy a set of encyclopedias. They really cost a fortune then! I remember in grade school when my friends would brag about their new set of encyclopedias at home (I wonder if they still have them.) Now, those big and heavy books are obsolete. I haven’t seen one in ages!

Before, when our teacher would ask us to bring pictures of certain animals or objects for a project, my Mom would hep me browse through magazines and old books. Now when my nephew needs a picture of a dog, he can have a picture of all the types of dogs in just one click!

Most professors, when frustrated during recits, would say that students nowadays are lazy – far different from how the students were during their time. The students would roll their eyes and whisper to themselves, “But sir, you didn’t have any other thing to do then but to study!” True, there are a lot of distractions and temptations now and the convenience that technology brings asks only a little effort from people.

I wonder what it would be like ten years from now. How could things be more convenient and what would be the price we have to pay?

- Glaisa PO
(entry 5)

No comments: