Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kids Nowadays...


“Hay, ang kabataan nga naman ngayon!” You’ve probably heard this line from your old folks who are in disbelief how different things are today compared to the old times.

Take for example my five-year old nephew.
At age 1, he was a normal kid playing with his toys.
At age 2, he was hooked with Barney and Dora DVDs.
At age 3, he had his Gameboy.
At age 4, he discovered PSP.
At age 5, he is into online games.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’ll have his own Facebook account in a year or two! (He actually knows how to Google now).

I don’t know if it’s a good or a tragic thing that kids nowadays are living in a virtual world. The times when patintero and sipa were fun and meeting other kids in the neighborhood was such a thrill seem so long ago (I actually picture the images in sepia hehe)

The world we’re now living in is indeed such a convenient world, though at times, I wish to go back to the old days when life was simpler.

“Hay, ang kabataan nga naman ngayon!” I can’t believe I am saying this now.. and just to be clear: I am not yet old! :D

- Glaisa PO
3rd entry

No comments: