Sunday, September 6, 2009

BarOps Made Easy

My parents occasionally reminisce about their Bar experience: particularly the Bar Operations that occurred the night before the exam. My father, in fact, talks about as if it were only yesterday, since it caused him to fail his first take. He (annoyingly) recalls how people would knock at his hotel room door at insane hours just to wish him luck or give him "tips".

Well, last weekend, my pregnant wife took the Bar (poli and labor law), and it was nothing like what my father had described. Now, nobody dropped by her hotel room just too wish her luck; it was all done thru text. It was my role (as the husband) to reply to the well-wishers with a short "thank you :)". When someone called, I would politely explain that she was already sleeping. As such, my wife was able to do some (peaceful) last minute reading. She couldn't have been any more relaxed.

As for tips, they too weren't much of a bother. Thanks to the internet, they were delivered through e-mail. And, if my wife needed information on anything (definition of terms, jurisprudence, etc.); all I had to do was go to Google and do a simple search, or text the acads committee of my fraternity for answers. Of course, the fact that our hotel also provided us with unlimited DSL service also helped.

The result: a well-rested barrister who was able to wake up early and ready for the whole-day exams! I really hope she passes. :)

No comments: