Sunday, September 13, 2009

Singing With Youtube

Yesterday, my baby sister was searching for that perfect song to sing for her music class. She wasn't browsing through song hits nor was she watching MTV. She was surfing the net - particularly Youtube.

After 20 minutes of surfing...

"HAHAHAHAHA!" She was laughing so hard that I had to take a peek.

I saw a black screen. I honestly feared that my sister was losing her mind.

"Yana, bakit ka tumatawa?"

"AHAHAHHAHA! ATE!! PAKINGGAN MO!"

She was listening to a Chipmunk version of "May Bukas Pa" - complete with tremolos and all that crap. It was really funny - those American rodents singing a Filipino classic.

That wasn't all she found, she found rare music videos of artists she hasn't even heard of. She even found an alternative for Magic Sing. Youtube certainly has made it easier to access videos of everything and anything under the sun. You could even watch tutorials for picking locks. Nice...

But after hours of searching, she still hasn't found the perfect song. They were all nice songs, she said. In the end, she settled for what I found in one of my trusty old song hits: Jackson's "Heal the World."

1 comment:

Emil Rey I Balaleng said...

Haha, so true! If you have that random desire to just break into song but are too cheap to buy the magic microphone or go videoke, YouTube does not fail. I first found out about this when my friends and I stumbled upon 'A Whole New World' with lyrics in YouTube, and the music just went on and on and on! ;-)