Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mikey Arroyo's Media Suicide

Last Tuesday, Congressman Mikey Arroyo guested in channel 7's morning show, "Unang Hirit."  He was interviewed by Winnie Monsod-Palma and Arnold Clavio about his increasing net worth and alleged beachfront property in the United States.  
A lot of viewers seemingly found the interview revolting that in just a matter of a blink of an eye, clips of the video were suddenly all over the internet.  In Youtube, people just kept posting and reposting the clips putting Mikey Arroyo in deeper trouble as the internet spread the news like wildfire soliciting even more adverse reactions from web users.  
I myself had no idea that the interview even happened until I opened my Facebook account and the clips of the interview were just everywhere.  I watched the video and I couldn't help but think, "Why did you do this to yourself Mikey?  You really didn't have to do it you know.  Really."
I wonder what the congressman from Pampanga was thinking, that he allowed himself to be sandwiched by a topnotch economist and a veteran journalist first thing in the morning.  
I mean, Mareng Winnie and Igan were all over him during the entire interview, trying their best to at least not to eat him whole- to the extent that Mareng Winnie was already addressing him as "anak" and asking her questions in a motherly tone.  
It did not help that the whole thing was happening at the break of dawn.  Mikey should have realized that, in general, for whatever matter, it is just plain difficult to defend one's self at six in the morning.  Especially when you have to explain to the entire nation how on earth your assets ballooned from 5 million to 99 million.  And I wonder if it was just me or the Congressman himself seemed to be confused even with his own explanation.  
The clips were a pain to watch.  But to Mikey's credit, at least he can whip up a not-too-irritating laugh to dismiss certain questions.  And yeah, the haircut was pretty flattering.

1 comment:

Amberle Brin said...

*sigh*

Ajang, you have no idea how much dislike I have for that guy.