Thursday, September 17, 2009

Then & Now

For OLA, we are all required to do certain activities. Since most of my cases required plenty of hearings, I found myself asking my groupmate if she had any extra pleading that she would want to load off to me. So, she gave me her Appellant’s Brief that she said is due on September 22. I was looking at the files and I txtd my friend where she got the Sept 22 date because according to my count, it would make it 50days and not 45! The 45th day being the next day(Sept 17)! So, both of us panicked and she saw her life flash before her eyes. (this was around 11pm in the evening of Sept 16). In the end, we were able to file a Motion for Extension. All is well in our OLA world.


My friend did not have internet. She was calling me and wallowing in self-pity because of the helplessness that she felt because she could not do the MFE and send it to our supervising lawyer. We have greatly depended on such advances in technology. Our supervising lawyer was telling us that we are lucky since it’s so easy to for us to send our pleadings to him to check and for us to edit it afterward. He then compared how it was then. Apparently, if they needed their supervising lawyers to check their work, they would need to give their SLs hard copies and they would need to retype all the changes that their SLs would require.


Another then & now moment: During Pub Off under Dean Carlota, we experienced a brownout. We obviously felt hot and were unsettled. Out of nowhere, Dean Carlota said that we were spoiled since during their time, they did not have

1. aircon

2. photocopying machines

3. HAD a 100% passing rate

Hehe.

2 comments:

Zorayda Daarol said...

Yeah Ludee, we have become so dependent on technology, the Internet and Cellphones particularly, that we can barely imagine our world without them anymore. Its like we all moan and complain everytime these things are taken away from us.

We were able to live our lives before without the Internet and cellphones... do you think we can do it again?

Ma. Lourdes C. Polido said...

Parang hindi. i panic when im without my telepono :)