Thursday, September 10, 2009

Learning through You Tube

I was randomly clicking at You Tube videos when I found an extremely amazing guitar lesson video. Granted, I don’t play the instrument but my brother does so I could still appreciate the guitarist’s technique and style. Kudos to him for posting the instructional video. Various reasons could have motivated him posting it but one of its effects is still that the online public saw it and if interested can learn from it.

You Tube is no longer used for entertainment. People upload How-To-Videos and anything that can hold a person’s attention must have some learning value. If we’re ever going to adapt to the fast paced changes effected by technology then any means necessary should be used in order to stimulate learning of our environment.

Aside from You Tube, online learning really has gained popularity. Learning opportunities available online can help increase your marketability or just simply make you happy with your life. So, some do it in order to pursue a degree or get a training certificate while others pursue it simply for personal enrichment. There is no limit to what you can access and learn via the internet.

1 comment:

Zorayda Daarol said...

You can learn almost ANYTHING from YouTube nowadays. There are millions of How-To-Videos - from the mundane to the important. I was talking to my friend from the States last night and she was gushing about learning how to properly apply make-up and do hair from YouTube. There I was rolling my eyes at her and then later searched on how to remove eyebags from pictures using photoshop from YouTube.

YouTube even teaches you how to do accounting transactions, how to fly a plane, and how to speak with a Scottish accent!!! :)