Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let's Do the Penguin

My cousin in the States is a computer geek. Way back in 1999 he was already using Linux. I bet that he was even one of its contributors, the demi-god programmer that he is. When we visited him then, his already filthy room was scattered with mugs, blankets, and caps emblazoned with penguins.

"Kuya, ano tong Linux? Bakit marami kang gamit na may penguin? Nagtratrabaho ka ba sa Seaworld? O favorite animal mo ba to?" Duh. No wonder I was given a blank stare, which really meant:

"Bah, you're such an ignoramus. You don't know what Linux is? How can I explain this intricate operating system to you, my feeble-minded cousin?"

Now, I know better. Thanks to Mr. Reidenbach's talk last week, I can't wait to migrate. Uyy, it rhymes. Bwehehe.

1 comment:

Loverhette Jeffrey P. Villordon said...

"with freedom came elegance"
- Linux Mint

I love it. :)