Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brining SciFi to Life

I wonder if, or how long before, someone discovers or proves that time is indeed a fourth dimension; if it hadn't already happened. Even for someone who isn't in law school, I sure watch too much TV. Or more appropriately, I buy too much of what they sell on the tube. But my thinking is driven by the fact that in Jules Verne's time, it was very much preposterous to think that anyone could go around the world in 80 days, much less to the moon! But now you can go around the world in a split second, compared to Verne's time frame, and man has been on the moon. Submarines and helicopters are so common, even my almost-2-year-old daughter knows of them. And back then, they couldn't have known that the internet would become a reality.

So I was thinking, you know how newer generations are more visual, maybe our version of Jules Verne novels could be oh, I don't know, Star Trek, Quantum Leap, or Terminator. Oh you know it; I've been dying to make an entry about Terminator. (How could it (TSCC) be canceled just when it was getting good???) I was just wondering what regulation on time travel would be like, or if it could even be regulated. I mean, it's time! It feels more intangible than the internet, and consequently more open and free? A lot of things as we know them today would have to be changed, like the game of lotto and elections.

I've not lost my sense of reality. I was just thinking how science fiction and technological advancements are related in an egg and chicken kind of way. (And I was just hoping to try time travel.)

No comments: