Monday, September 28, 2009

Rainbow, where are you?

When God promised that never again would He flood the Earth, He was probably too drunk like Noah. He must have forgotten all about that sacred covenant. I was trying to look for a rainbow awhile ago, but I haven’t found any. I hope I don’t sound too gloomy, but I don’t see the point. So what if great tragedies like these are eye-openers? We open our eyes to what exactly?

Okay, enough of the depression. Off to the bright side of things. Last Sunday, I received text messages from the LSG, WINLAW, dorm-mates, concerned friends etc. – all asking if my family and I were okay. The Bayanihan spirit is certainly alive. Radio stations and TV stations have cooperated to cull donations from people willing to help. Even Facebook, as pointed out by a classmate, has been used as a tool to lend a helping hand. We could see the synergy of technology and telecommunications in these relief operations. Unfortunately for some, the help came too late.

And the NEWS about these Philippine floods has reached the world through television and the Internet. Videos of these floods can now be seen in Youtube. The last time I checked, one video has already reached 55,022 views.

Well, actually this isn’t God’s fault. Blame our cars, our air-conditioners, our industrial plants etc. We have insanely contaminated most of the Earth’s resources. Mankind is probably the dirtiest of all species of animals that walked the Earth and she is fighting back.

1 comment:

Ma. Lourdes C. Polido said...

there's another storm coming. can't imagine how we'll cope if it's as strong as this one.