Thursday, September 24, 2009

when you just can't connect

I used to buy internet cards and go dial-up in order for me to surf the web. I was late in the game in discovering the joys of the net so I didn’t mind the snail speed of dial-up. I just really cared about how many hours I could get with my 100 peso bill. I tried gas, isp bonanza, pldt but I stuck it out with blast since my land line was bayantel and the net disconnected infrequently with this system.
After a time, we decided to upgrade to broadband since dial-up sucked. We asked around about what good service providers we could get. We tried globe wireless because I guess our place is too undeveloped and rural for new cables to reach. (I live in banlat st. in tandang sora by the way…. Ban-where? I know). Also, my household members were all satisfied globe cell subscribers so we had a notion that globe net would be awesome. We were wrong. Globe developed an indoor apparatus for receiving wireless signal. Thing is either Globe didn’t develop their internet service that well back then (3 years ago) or banlat just wasn’t in the map (ban-where again?). so we switched to smart bro. it was better. WAS. At that time, no one in this area cared about internet service. This was a legitimate assumption because cables didn’t reach our area and Globe wasn’t any good and I could see that no houses had tall Smart Bro receiver devices on their roofs. It was great. WAS. But since internet ads have been so aggressive, my neighbors had no choice but to join the craze. To our dismay, Smart Bro apparatuses sprung up like mushrooms. So yeah.. Smart Bro WAS better. And now that it has been raining like crazy, internet has gone from bad to um.. patayin ko nalang comp ko. So when or if you read my entries this week, y’all should know that I tried to publish earlier. It’s just that Smart Bro sucks or this place is not part of the Philippine map.

1 comment:

Ma. Lourdes C. Polido said...

Because of Ondoy, i lost my dial tone in the condo thus (insert gasp) didnt have internet. hehe. omg, ang BABAW ko! this was my trivial reaction before all the news about Ondoy started pouring in :(