Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hurry up, E-filing

I am candid about how OLA has eaten, and still eats, so much of my time this semester. Aside from the four-hour duty we are required to render in the OLA office once a week, the rest of the week is used up as well in making pleadings, serving and filing these, attending hearings, talking to clients, and preparing for court appearance. Often, what happens outside that four-hour duty weighs more in terms of workload than what we do during.

I really have no major qualms regarding preparing pleadings and appearing in court for hearings and trials. Sometimes, though, other things, at times equally important, inevitably take the backseat because of OLA work.

When I found out that e-filing is nearing its becoming a letter in our books, among the first of my thoughts was that it be passed while I’m still in OLA. If that happens, it will no longer be necessary for me to check the office often for new mail. My worries about having my pleadings signed by the SL and then by the Director in time before the deadline would be diminished. More importantly, I would no longer have to cut class, and spend on gas or fare, just so I could serve and file a pleading. It could even be possible that most of my OLA work could be completed within the four-hour duty I render every week. Imagine the convenience. Haha.

No comments: