Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Ebay Experience

My E-Bay Experience

            I dislike/fear online transactions.  I am old school like that.  Like our classmate Tito Romy, I prefer the touch and see scheme of things.  But since the theme of this whole course for me has been to explore unfamiliar territories (yes, technology is an unfamiliar territory for me) I thought of trying out an online transaction for a change.  Ebay was the first that came to mind. 

So I went on Ebay.ph and schemed through the page.  I managed to create an account and log in.  Then the fun part.  I glanced through the items being sold sticking with items of interest such as bags, jewelry and clothes.  I decided to stick with items being sold in the Philippines to make things more manageable.  I found a pre-owned Balenciaga motorcyle bag with a current bid of P2,041. The seller is doing some sort of garage sale of her stuff online.  And then there was a Paul and Joe dress being sold for P500!!!!  Whoa.   What a bargain I thought.  I decided to bid for the two items.  I placed my bid at P2,500 for the bag and P600 for the dress.  Two minutes later, another buyer made a bid for P2,600 and P620 for the dress.  Then another at P2,650 and then P650.  It was intense.  I figured that the bidder for the dress has no intention of losing.  The bidding reached to almost a thousand.  To think that the bids were in increments of 20!  So after raising the bid a few more pesos more, I gave in to the determined bidder.  On the other hand, the Balenciaga bag was up for bidding for 2 more days so I decided to continue my bid the next day when everyone is done placing their bids.  However, when I went back, the bidding was done and the bag was sold for P4, 120.  No hard feelings though.  It was beyond my decided budget anyways. 

But even if I lost and was not able to try paying online, it was still a fun experience all in all.  The bidding was exciting and finding good finds is just priceless.  Maybe next time I’ll get to win. :) 

No comments: