Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Could be the greatest invention ever

Many sites that sell products, i.e. Amazon, have a feature which allows their customers to post reviews on their site and recommend it to other users. I use this site frequently as well as others to make sure that I get a good idea on whether a product is worth the money. It also helps that there are a lot of hilarious product reviews out there that just ream the thing and could ultimately affect its sales.

I enjoy and use these sites but I also try and take everything with a grain of salt. The internet does not exactly have a transparent user database and it allows you to basically say whatever it is you feel like saying. You can say for example, "Something Borrowed is so dang funny that I don't get why it flopped." Or you could also say, "Green Lantern is the best movie ever!" even though it really isn't.

I don't rely on one site or on one product review to help me make my choice but I do take those reviews into consideration. I don't remember that much on how I used to process my purchasing decisions but I do realize that the Internet has changed it dramatically. I can research on products and find cheaper or better alternatives online and then find them at the mall. I can tell of the salesperson is knowledgeable and helpful or if they just want to make a sale. I can also pass on movies that I initially thought were cool because of the trailer and then find out that it was actually crap.

These are some of the reasons why I like the Internet but I also think that it is a liferuiner because there does not seem to be a day when I don't have to use it. Aaaahhh, the many dilemmas in life....

Entry 11

No comments: