Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Think Before You Cl!ck

While surfing the channels one rainy afternoon, I came across a television advertisement that urged its viewers to “think before you click!” I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. It’s the one with several kapuso stars reminding everyone of the pitfalls of irresponsible use of social media.

As much as I would like to write a review, or rehash what has already been said, I believe it would be worthwhile to watch the video yourselves. After all, it pretty much says all there is to say about responsible use of the social media.

If you’re too tired to watch the video, here’s an excerpt:

"Online everything is just a click away. And with one click, whether that be to post a tweet, a new status message on Facebook, or a tag on someone’s photo, we have as much power to tear down as we do to build up.
It's all one easy click away.
So our proposal is simple, to think before you click. Think about the repercussions of what you are about to post, will it hurt others, could it potentially hurt me, or those who I care about the most? It's hard to take back what you’ve posted online, and everything has an effect.”
- GMA News -

Entry # 7
Diane Cecilia Yu


No comments: