Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I need an IPad!

Mom! I need an IPad or school. Kids are asking for it like it’s a scoop of ice cream or a bar of candy. Educators to cope with the changing trends in technology and accordingly to keep students engaged decided to adapt. A school in Dumaguete, Foundation University has made it a requirement for enrollment for every student to have an IPad. Some parents were convinced but some were not as seen in the decrease in their current enrolment. [See: FU Students Learn Through IPad, http://foundationu.com/blog/fu-students-learn-through-ipad/]

I understand making every child as competitive as every kid in school is every parent’s goal. So, if an IPad is a requirement as a parent I would not hesitate to shell out money for a device that would make him perform better and learn better. But my main concern is whether the educators are aware of the basic problem with using IPads in school. Applications for IPads are unlimited, being in law school, with a supposed higher attention span I find myself being distracted by simple applications in my mobile phone, I fear these are high school students might not have a chance. (But that’s just me..)

No comments: