Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holiday

We just had two free days this week. Last week, I decided that this is the best time to go away from the hustle and bustle of the city and take time to unwind in some nearby province. I deliberately read in advance all law assignments because I didn’t want to bring along my law stuff because after all, it is a vacation. I did not expect the resort to have wifi but I brought my laptop anyway- not to study of course. I also didn’t want to open my facebook account because there might be some changes again in assignments or schedules which mean that I might be required to study whatever it is that might be added.

Anyway, much to my surprise, they do have wifi. Worse, people there who were on a vacation were busy with their laptops/iPads/Smart phones that I suddenly felt that I wasn’t being reasonable to just let time pass me by. I felt guilty because I thought (or believe) that all my classmates were studying and I was the only one who isn’t and the itch of going online was getting stronger by the moment.

Well, anyway, I did not give in to my “cravings” and chose NOT to be online. Anyway, I realized that yesterday might be the only day in which I did not check the internet for assignments/announcements since classes started. I also realized that even law students need time off because of the daily tension we undergo in the College. Law students are not superheroes, we need some time off too.


Entry # 11

John Joseph S. Parco

No comments: