Sunday, February 14, 2010

Calorie Counting and Technology

A law school friend of mine was starting to lose weight and so I asked him how he did it. He recommended that I visit the nutritionist in the infirmary - and the service is free of charge since I'm a student. Probably desperate to lose a few extra pounds for my cousin's wedding this Sunday, I went to the Infirmary excited to see what would be done.

The nutritionist measured my weight and height and said that I was over-weight by a few pounds - which I could easily lose if I eat less than the prescribed calories for my body built. The problem is - aside from being compelled to eat at home or else my mom would think her cooking is bad - that I don't know how to count the calories in the foods I have eaten (especially those without any Nutritional Facts at the back. Boo).


Thankfully, I found a software online that not only counts how much calorie I had for the day based on the food I eat, it also counts the calories that I burn doing the stuff I do. I don't know if the software is accurate but at least I could estimate how much calories I already have. Haha hopefully this would work.

1 comment:

Owen Ricalde said...

ako rin cha attempted to do that :)
caloria count. pero i realized, i just have to eat less and exercise talaga. that's the only formula that really works in the long run :)