Wednesday, February 17, 2010

weird wednesday with my netbook and laptop

by Rowena Ricalde (thirteenth entry)

i have succumbed to the glee madness. today, i downloaded all the episodes of glee and watched all the episodes. everybody was watching it. even the radio station i listen to (rx93.1) keeps playing their songs. so i had to try and watch glee.
using my netbook, i went to eztv and downloaded these episodes. because of our ultrafast cable connection, i downloaded them in a matter of a few hours. and while i was at it, i went to isohunt and downloaded sappy romance movies - while you were sleeping, cutting edge, love actually and casablanca. i guess, i still had the lovebug from the valentine's weekend. again, the download was a breeze.




if that was not enough, i even sort of influenced my seven-year old niece in my wednesday weirdness. when i was doing our grocery with my niece, she heard me singing rent's season of love (since i watched the play last sunday) and wicked's defying gravity (cover in glee). she asked me what songs i was singing since they were nice. i had to do a double take because she's the type of girl who worshipped taylor swift and memorized all her songs. don't get me wrong, taylor swift may be grammy material but after a while, the songs get irritating. here was my seven-year old niece who suddenly appreciated broadway songs - without even noticing it. i had to indulge her.


so, when we got back home and after we prayed the rosary (yes, we pray the rosary every wednesday to give my niece some sort of religious influence from me), i went to my laptop which was like a pc in her room already. i went to cabos and downloaded seasons of love and defying gravity. in just 20 seconds, the songs were in my itunes. i searched for the lyrics and we sang the songs together. wow.

if that was not enough, i downloaded some more glee cover songs (don't stop believing, no air) and more broadway songs (on my own, la vie boheme, miss saigon). i looped it in my itunes and my niece slept through the "lullaby" of great songs.

thank you eztv, isohunt, cabos, elyrics, itunes. without you, how can i ever make my wednesdays this weird.

2 comments:

Jen Paguntalan said...

hehe! welcome to the club, owen! go gleeks! :)

Owen Ricalde said...

hehe, salamat! lulubusin ko na ang freedom ko lalo until march since magrereview na starting april ;)