Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When Technology Fails You...


I had a deadline last Friday. I needed to digitize some scanned documents (i.e. to make corrections as to text which were not correctly encoded, arrange the footnotes, etc). I am almost done, just some more articles to go….when my power cord suddenly did not work!

My battery already gave up on me a long time ago. The people in our boarding house did not have a spare laptop or computer which I could use. And besides, my files are all in my laptop. My backup files were in Paranaque, so I had to go home just to get it.

Maybe my laptop needs to be replaced…or maybe I just needed to save my files in several copies so that I'll have several backup files. I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier. But in this instance, I never thought it would make my life so stressful! 

1 comment:

Owen Ricalde said...

kaya pala inuupload mo lahat sa scribd sis. para may backup ka ;)