Friday, July 23, 2010

A Blog for Your Privacy

Blogging was a hit during my undergraduate years. I remember being exposed to blogs in my second year in College. At first, I thought it was just an online version of columns or articles. Then, I started reading “blogs” made by individuals sharing anything under the sun. That’s when it hit me. 

In my senior year, I officially started blogging. I opened an account with blogger using my full name as part of the URL address. That was me declaring my existence in the Internet. After almost four years, I’ve realized only one thing. 

Privacy is the price for freedom of expression.

Every article published diminishes one’s personal sphere. A blogger not only shares what he knows but also who he is as a person. His articles speak of the summary of his experiences, beliefs, and ideas. They reflect the personality and preferences of the author. Reading one’s blog ultimately provides the reader a glimpse of another person’s life. 

The blogger, in his desire to share his knowledge and experience, is willing to sacrifice a little part of his privacy. After all, he seeks to contribute to the betterment of society and human life.

No comments: