Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On Google and Googling


George Clooney on the last person he Google-d: “Everyone I meet. Before, I used to do it as soon as I got home. But now, I do it even while talking to them.” (People Magazine, 18 December 2009 issue)
  1. Google as a verb. I’m also “guilty” of using this term loosely and with Google being adamant about proper usage and respect for their brand, how far would they go to protect their trademark? They can’t control it. Question is: will it ever be genericized? We wait and wonder.
  2. Access to the WWW. From desktops to laptops to Blackberrys, we can now benefit from the wonders of Internet in a snap. From dial-up connections to broadband access to free wi-fi, the list goes on...
  3. Accessible information. Some people don’t even know that there ARE tons of information about them available online. Yes, even real-life people. Try it: go Google your name and see what comes up :)

Entry No. 05

Rachelle Mayuga

No comments: