Sunday, July 25, 2010

Live Tweeting on SONA day

Tomorrow will be Pres. Noynoy Aquino's first State of the Nation Address.

Tomorrow will also be my ninth SONA march to Batasan.

What makes tomorrow different the last eight SONA marches will be my use of technology to cover the events in the ground during the People's SONA along Commonwealth Avenue.

Using my Blackberry and its Twitter application, I will be constantly updating everyone through Twitter and Facebook as to the status of the People's SONA and the topics and issues being discussed by the speakers from different marginalized sectors.

The People's SONA will be different from GMA's past SONAs because no effigy will be burnt, no President is sought to be ousted from power. Instead, all speeches shall present the different challenges and issues faced by the sectors til this day, and which they hope P-Noy would address.

So there, I'd tweet asap if I've been truncheoned or what. Hehe. Follow me at @terryridon, or follow #SONA2010 for all other updates.


No comments: