Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ain't It Funny (Sarcasm Remix).

by Awi Mayuga (seventh entry)



I'm one those people who don't save to their Sent folder a copy of the email they send. But I do BCC myself (and my other email address) when I send "important" email (mostly drafts of the school stuff I work on, just so I can access them anywhere there’s internet). But starting a few months ago whenever I BCC myself (sending to the same email address), the emails go to my spam box. Apparently, Yahoo! Mail thinks the messages I've been sending myself were spam. (Ouch!)

Seriously, I understand the action. It's good to know that Yahoo! Mail beefed up its spam filtering and caught something that looks suspiciously like my email address was spoofed. After all, not many people are as OC as me, BCCing herself just to make sure that her email was sent. Yahoo doesn't understand how we weirdos think. (My email is legit. I sent it! It's real!)

I understand, yes, but it's annoying at times having to go to my spam box to mark my own emailed message as "not spam". Oh, what we endure to be secure. (Hey, it rhymes!)

img courtesy of geekologie.com

No comments: