Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Are you an insecure boyfriend or girlfriend?

Exhibit A: Whenever my boyfriend gets the chance to hold my phone, he always inspects the messages in the Inbox and asks me who were the persons who sent me messages. And, mushy as I might be, since I keep it a habit to save his sweet mushy messages in my inbox, he always wants to delete it. And all this happens not because I allow him to read my messages and stuff. He sometimes just gets my phone from my bag and does these things.

Exhibit B: My best friend always wants to read the messages in her boyfriend's cellphone. She even inspects her boyfriend's email account, as well as his other accounts on social networking sites. And when her boyfriend gets mad at her, she always accuses him of cheating on her, or keeping something from her.



Unknown to many, like my best friend and my boyfriend, and previously me, these acts may be considered punishable under law. The E-Commerce Act, or Republic Act No. 8792, in Section 48 (a), makes it punishable for any person to access, without the authorization of the owner, any computer system. It also makes authorized access into any computer system punishable if that access resulted into the unauthorized alteration of any information in the computer system (note to my boyfriend: deleting messages on my inbox may be punishable under law).  Thus, for insecure boyfriends and girlfriends out there, beware!

2 comments:

Owen Ricalde said...

hahaha! buti na lang hindi ako insecure sis ;) pero oo nga, people should, as an enforceable law, stop doing that. it's like looking in your diary or mail. eep!

Cha Mendoza said...

haha oo nga. Naisip ko lang sulat to kasi Allan did it again nung Wednesday and I was saying that I could sue him for deleting mushy messages on my phone. Hehe. :)