Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's customary to write about your Christmas break

Attending about nine Christmas parties, reading two fictional books I wanted to read since about four months ago, catching up on five foreign TV series including Glee and Grey's Anatomy, downloading the latest episodes of Bleach and Naruto, and organizing my few remaining law books that was chaotically disarranged due to the rush when my family was evacuating them during the Ondoy floods. That's about the only things I planned to do the past December. But I was able to make it only to seven parties, and was only able to watch the Bleach and Naruto episodes. Most of it was spent writing a paper and attending some meetings.

I'm not really complaining, but I can't ignore the feeling that I was robbed of my vacation. Oh well, some endeavors are really more consuming than others. I was so into reading materials and typing this paper that my family found it preposterous that I yelled "Five more minutes!" when they called to me for Noche Buena. I did so because I was so afraid to forget a certain point I wanted to add.

In any case, I still had fun. It was a fruitful intellectual exercise, and I think I was helpful to those who were co-writing the paper with me. I am happy also because I was able to use the internet to at least watch the Bleach and Naruto episodes I go gaga over. I was also able to download the anime "Code Gres", which definitely rocks. The only thing I really felt bad about was not being able to sleep long hours and hopefully regain my weight. In addition, I'm not impressed by the fact that I was sober for most of the days that recently passed by. I also don't feel happy about not being able to write on how the internet also celebrates Christmas. I prepared for it but didn't have the time to compose the blog. In any case, I still have a picture.

No comments: