Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ninjas in the Internet

Today was quite an "interesting" day. As a mode of relaxation, I watch on movies and series about ninjas, whether they are action-based or more, well, on the "artistic" side. Yes, it's one of those blogs.

When I was still a kid, I always pretended to be a ninja. I really liked the idea of the unremarkable dexterity, the outstanding agility, and the fascinating "ninjutsu," or ninja skills. I really don't know why, but if I were forced to surmise on the reason, it would probably be because of the boundless possibilities that a ninja has when it comes to adventures and exploits. In any case, because of this interest, I watch Naruto even up to now. When I went to Japan last August one of my main goals was to take part "Naruto Month" - apparently, the Japanese even celebrate the creation of Naruto.

To those fascinated, the internet satisfies the curiosity. It provides materials of different types for the enjoyment of the said "ninja culture". Examples include downloadable videos, manga that can be browsed in various websites, and even playable ninja-based games. Interestingly, this "ninja culture" is shared throughout the world through the internet, as the newest releases of manga and latest episodes of Naruto and other ninja-related anime could be seen through just a few clicks. I even found myself in an engrossing conversation about ninjas with the Deputy Consul of the Philippines for Japan - which my teammates are quite thankful for because that saved us a lot of awkward moments during that courtesy call.

No comments: