Thursday, January 28, 2010

SLR Pressure

The deadline for the Supervised Legal Research Paper is at hand. Our topic focuses on possible criminal and civil liability of Internet Service Providers. My good partner has done well to put the structure to it. But with barely weeks left, I am feeling the intense pressure to get it done. For the past weeks, I have been browsing through and “researching” on the Internet for possible ideas to put. I thought it would be easy since most of the sources will come from the web anyway. Now, I realize that it was false security to have that kind of mindset. The information and materials gathered so far are significantly insufficient.

The difficulty with the topic is that there is no Philippine Supreme Court jurisprudence on the matter – zero. I am trying to find jurisprudence in other jurisdictions abroad, particularly U.S. cases which would be of good use, but to no avail too. Let me qualify that, there are some cases that I found, but they are all not squarely in point. Again, not much help.

So now, I have to go to the law library and do some research on Westlaw. Actually, it will be my first time to do it. Hopefully, that orientation in Legal Bib in first year will come in handy. So, c’mon Westlaw, make my life easier, at least for these next two weeks!

8th Entry

1 comment:

Owen Ricalde said...

you can access jstor and westlaw through ur laptop as long as you are using the up law wifi. go to law.up.edu.ph :) makes our life a lot easier :)