Thursday, August 19, 2010

Calling Male SSBs (Single Since Birth)

While thumbing through the newspaper one morning, I came across an interesting in the Fashion and Beauty section of The Philippine Star. It is an interview of the progenitors of a website called maniladating.net. Curious, I went to the website and strangely enough, the first thing that popped into my head was Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

It is an interesting concept, albeit one that has already been the theme of self-help books and lifestyle shows, such as The Fab Five. But this might be more accessible because they can easily check back on the site and contact their “coaches” for any questions that they might have.

They term themselves as lifestyle/dating coaches and their goal seems to be to provide a “24/7 Attractive Man.” They differentiate themselves from the different pick-up artists by simply bringing out the confidence in a guy by teaching them to become their “better selves.” They don’t want the guys to pretend to be someone they’re not. Instead, they just want them to appreciate themselves and in doing so, appreciate the ladies.

As a female, I can admit that the right level of confidence in a guy is sexy. That was one of the things that attracted me to my boyfriend, after all.

(Although I do take offense to their offer of the 3-Step Get Laid guide being offered on their site. Dating does not always lead to getting laid. It pays to remember that, guys.)

No comments: