Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Write

Sometimes it's not that I don't have any idea what to write about at all, but it's just because I'm wondering if what I have to write is even worth reading. At this point, I have learned to slowly let go of this dependence on the outcome. I realized that, whenever I wonder if an idea or work is good enough, it stifles my creativity and productivity in this field. The truth is, in the long run, much of what we produce will be ignored, and yet we will be surprised at the limited audience that seems to appreciate what we do.

This blog is a rich venue for self-expression, I realized, and with each entry we express who we are. So what to write? Write about stuff one could write about? During my earlier blog entries, I kept looking up information to support my views that I ended up wasting time reading up on stuff to write about. This made my words even more disgruntled and I feel that I was echoing some other person's views. Then I see all this 'good' writing and I feel that I won't measure up to that standard.

To that emotional impulse of insecurity I said goodbye. It's time to go freestyle.


No comments: