Thursday, August 26, 2010

How iPhone Changed My Life


Last night I saw on the news that an iPhone application helped this man stop burglars from robbing his home. For $4, he was able to monitor and view his house through webcams installed in every room, which transmit a live feed to his iPhone. While vacationing in his parents' house in a different state, he was able to call 911 after a live view of two hoodlums throwing stones at his glass door. Nothing this groundbreaking has ever happened to me and my iPhone. But ever since I switched to it, I knew I'm permanently hooked. With thousands of applications (including Plants v. Zombies!), boredom is a thing of the past. Browsing has never been easier, albeit costly sometimes (Globe's fault!). Last minute reasearch of cases and laws is now possible. Spirituality may also be nurtured through the pocket Bible and prayer book. Creativity may be expressed through photography and music apps. My mom always scolds me, my siblings and my dad for being so obsessed with our phones. She has this litany about how 20 years from now, we will regret the time lost in playing games instead of doing worthwhile things. I don't know if this is true, but all I know is that the feeling of beheading that last zombie is surely worth it.

No comments: