Thursday, August 19, 2010

My dream vacation: Rent MY OWN island

As much as I love time off with family and friends, I also place a premium on spending quality time with myself. May it be reading a book I’ve bought years ago (a product of “stress buying”, considering that I haven’t even scanned a single page of it) with a warm cup of cappuccino on a typical Friday night, or driving all the way to an isolated dessert place and taste-testing their bestseller for myself, or walking around a historical park and taking pictures of pretty things with a phone camera (ehem) at hand, I find happiness in these moments since I have no one and nothing to consider but myself. Here, I have the luxury of enjoying my own company.

Believe it or not, I have made a list of 10 places to see or activities to do -- alone -- before I turn into a senior citizen. Mind you, the items in it are very doable. In fact, I’ve already placed checks beside two items and another coming (if I really put my mind into it) next year. But with a CNN.com feature article I’ve recently bumped into, it appears that I have to put some space for another: renting my own island.

Check out www.privateislandsonline.com. :)

No comments: