Thursday, January 22, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

Have you ever thought about the average time people spend on the Internet? Well, Stanford just published a study saying that we are online roughly 3 hours everyday. That's twice the amount of time we spend watching T.V. The figures are simply astounding. Those are a lot of hours that I will never be able to get back. This would mean that I spend 1080 hours every year frying my brain on useless bits of information and YouTube videos. After finding out about this study, I tried to comfort making my brain a little more active by looking at reviews of novels which I have but haven't read yet and I practically spent two hours just reading the user reviews - two hours which I could have used to digest some of the 2-page sentences in Proust's Swann's Way (In Search of A Lost Time). I got depressed, of course. I found that the only way to feel better about yourself in these times is to go to gofugyourself.celebuzz.com so I can see Rihanna's latest leather Spandex/leather fashion catastrophe. I'm worried about my SLR now. I think I'll go stuffblackpeoplehate.com or stuffwhitepeoplelike.com so I could gloat - online.I.must.stop.now.

*For the stats, click http://www.clickz.com/3455061

No comments: